Power your favorite electronic kit(s) with green energy! The LiPo Rider Pro is an upgraded/deluxe version of the LiPo Rider. This pro version is able to supply a heavier load output compared to the older LiPo Rider. The LiPo Rider Pro board is able to absorb the solar waves and convert it to energy to run your favorite 5V device.
This new board is the ideal green power solution for your outdoor sensor design. Attach the LiPo Rider Pro board to your sensor board and it could run on solar power forever! A useful example of a good usage for the LiPo Rider Pro could be charging your phone, or any Lithium battery with the proper connections.
The LiPo Rider Pro is extremely affordable and easy to use compared to it's competitors. No programming is required, plug it in and it works! The internal charger (IC) can handle all the power flow between the various components. In the case of solar power not being sufficient, the microUSB port will allow for you to charge your lithium battery through USB. It can also be used to program your kit without detaching the LiPo Rider Pro board.
- Maximum 1A load output
- Battery and Solar panel connector is JST 2.0
- Stable 5V USB power supply regardless of source
- Charge/Recharge algorithms built into chip
- Charge Lithium Polymer Battery through solar power or USB
- Stable supply voltage through either lithium battery or USB
- 2 x USB ports let you program your kit while charging your Lithium battery
- LED indications for battery full or charging states
- 4 green LED instruct quantity of electricity of lithium battery
- Green Power and backup supply for distributed outdoor sensor network
- Charger for Lithium batteries
- The LiPo Rider Pro has different connectors from LiPo Rider v1.0, the former is JST 2.0 and latter is JST 2.54.
- Live exposed electronic components
- The board may get hot when supplying large loads
- Potential short circuit or electric shock, especially if device gets wet when placed outdoors for solar power collection
Consider alternatives to power your projects, such as Hydro Generators or Lithium Ion batteries, on this page. For more information on this product click here.