This module is based on the TCS3414CS color sensor with digital output (I2C). Based on the 8*2 array of filtered photodiodes and 16-bits analog-to-digital converters, you can gain the color chromaticity of ambient light or the color of objects. Of the 16 photodiodes, 4 have red filters, 4 have green filters, 4 have blue filters and 4 have no filter (clear). With the synchronization input pin, external pulsed light source can provide precise synchronous conversion control.
This module can be used to detect the color of light source or the color of objects. When used to detect the color of the light source, the LED switch should be turned off, and the light source should shine the sensor directly. When used to detect the color of things, the led should be on and you should put the object on the top of the enclosure closely. The theory of sensing the color of objects is Reflective Sensing Theory.
- Grove compatible interface
- 16-Bit digital output with I 2C at 400 kHz
- SYNC Input Synchronizes Integration Cycle to Modulated Light Sources
- Operating temperature range -40°C to 85°C
- Programmable interrupt function with User-Defined Upper and lower threshold settings
- PCB Size ：2.0cm*4.0cm
- Interface ：2.0mm pitch pin header
- IO Structure ：SCL,SDA,VCC,GND
- ROHS ：YES
- VCC :3.3 ~6.0 V
- Operating Free-air Temperature :-40 ~ 85 °C